The Legal Operations Manager/Analyst role is an analytics role that uses data analysis, operations review, process improvements and creative thinking to operationally improve the business of the Tech Data Legal Department. The Legal Operations Manager role also has responsibility for development and implementation of operational end-to-end processes, systems and services related to Legal Operations Globally. This includes coordination of activities to ensure that business objectives are achieved, liaison with management, assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity, and implement and manage operational plans. This position includes other responsibilities such as monitoring performance, reporting status, and implementing improvements. Responsible for documenting, maintaining, updating, publishing department policies and processes, and creating training as required for each. This position is also responsible for building training plans for new systems, policies and updates to current systems, and statistical reporting for each. Substantial interaction with IT is required to ensure all issues are resolved, new systems, policies and updates to current systems, and statistical reporting for each.
• End-to-end Project Management including definition of the scope and resources, ensuring progress and time lines are met, defining deliverables, change management, report and communicate on progress, escalation of issues to Project sponsor/Steering Committee (20% of time)
• Liaise with the IT team on identifying, implementing, integrating, and optimizing applications and tools, and building internal tools and automation capabilities (25% of time)
• Help develop a technology roadmap and manage Legal technology initiatives such as contracts management system, compliance management, and other internal resources. (10% of time)
• Develop and support dashboard development and data analytics for CLO organization (25% of time)
• Help design and manage the strategy for the Legal Ops team, including annual goals, objectives, key results, and other metrics (5% of time)
• Training of team on IT and all process for the department (10% of time)
• Assist with on boarding training for new employees on system use, reporting capability and data integrity (5% of time)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• 5 to 8 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Master's / Postgraduate Degree with Business Field of Study preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Other Education / Certifications: Minimum of 5 years experience in Operation Managements or legal firm or relevant experience
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• Professional, office environment.
• Infrequent Travel Required (<10%).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Possesses strong data and data analytics skills including proficiency with data vizualization tools and techniques.
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.