Reporting up through the VP, Global Talent Management, the Talent Management Business Administrator role is an individual contributor role that is integral in ensuring the seamless execution of the talent management solutions/processes that will drive Tech Data’s ability to attract, assess, and develop highly engaged individuals and teams in support of Tech Data’s longer term business and workforce strategy.
The primary purpose of this position is to administer, coordinate, report, and leverage the functionality of Tech Data's electronic talent management processes and tools. In addition, this role will train global HR and other colleagues on talent management processes and electronic tools necessary to help drive clarity and adaption, maintain the integrity of our talent management strategy via governance, and document and deploy process improvements that enhances management and colleague experiences. The talent management areas in which this position provides global support includes, but is not limited to, training and development, performance management, talent profiles, succession planning, and global recognition. The incumbent will also be responsible for improving logistics and event management for existing and new global talent management programs including maintaining training and development records and ensuring colleagues receive the proper training relative to their role. The incumbent collaborates with leaders, departments, and committees to organize and deploy Talent Management materials, arrange training locations and other logistics, create and distribute updates and reports, track expenses, liaison with internal and external talent management providers, and partner with internal functional and business partners to manage all learning management system (LMS) activity.
• Globally track training progress using Tech Data's internal learning management system (LMS). (30%)
• Provide training and assistance to training and development administrators from other functions within Tech Data. (20%)
• Administer Tech Data's Touchpoint Performance Management System to ensure proper functionality and access. (10%)
• Utilize Talent system functionality to produce and distribute reports for LMS, performance, and Talent Profiles. (10%)
• Partner with HR to administer talent profiles and succession planning functionality to support talent processes. (5%)
• Familiarize managers and employees with established training policies, procedures, rules and regulations. (10%)
• Provide superior global customer service with high levels of responsiveness and knowledge/expertise. (5%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Able to use a 10-key quickly and accurately.
• Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
• Possesses strong data entry skills.
• Ability to input 50 words per minute
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to converse and write effectively in English and Spanish.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to transport 20 Lbs.
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at a basic level.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
• 1 to 3 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree with Human Resources, IT, Business Field of Study preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree with Human Resources, IT, Business field of study required.
• Other Education / Certifications: Learning Management Systems, HR Applications, Process & Project Management, Customer Service
• Distribution center environment may include: exposure to extreme temperatures; high noise levels; high places; wet and/or humid conditions; and outside weather conditions
• Classroom environment.
• Clean room environment requiring ESD protection.
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• Consistent non-standard work or overtime as business requires.
• May be located at the Clearwater corporate office or at the reseller location.
• On-call availability required as necessary.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.
• Frequent Travel Required (25%).