Tech Data's education group provides high quality IT education classes. In this position you will perform a variety of functions to run our Ottawa training center. The Center Administrator will greet students, assist instructors, maintain classrooms, provide excellent customer service, and handle issues for the operational success of the training center.
* Coordinating aspects of the daily operations of this training center.
* Closing and/or opening center to accommodate class hours.
* Supporting instructors by giving them a productive environment to teach their classes.
* Assisting with moving and setting up computers for classes.
* Troubleshooting technical classroom issues, with support from remote staff.
* Greeting students and ensuring they have a comfortable visit during their training.
* Maintaining a spotless, tidy, and professional classroom environment.
* Answering phones.
* Stocking and supplying the student lounge with breakfast items, snacks, and beverages.
* Managing inventory and ordering office supplies.
* Preparing domestic and international shipments.
* Preparing, printing, and faxing of various documents.
* Assisting on other projects when time allows.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
• Possesses strong data entry skills.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at a basic level.
• 1 to 3 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• High School Graduate preferred.
• Classroom environment.
• Professional, office environment.