Tech Data is one of the world’s largest technology providers in IT distribution. Tech Data is currently ranked No. 83 on the Fortune 100® and has been named one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for seven straight years.
The Tech Data difference is in our people. Every day customers like Best Buy, CDW, Office Depot, etc… depend on us to help them cost-effectively support the technology needs of end users of all sizes, including small- and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, and consumers. Working for Tech Data, you will be supporting manufacturers such as, Apple, Brocade, Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare, etc…
The Business Continuity (BC) Analyst position is located within the Business Continuity Management Program Office (BCM PO) within the Corporate Services department, under CVP of Treasury. The Business Continuity Program Sr. Manager provides line supervision and overall management.
The BCM PO coordinates the global BCM program (including Crisis Management) for Tech Data Corporation and reports to the CEO Staff for direction, guidance, and support. As a member of the BCM PO, the BC Analyst is responsible for supporting the development, implementation and continuous improvement of the Business Continuity Program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
• Criticality assessments, business impact analyses, plan updates, plan training, plan exercises and reporting. (30%)
• Design/facilitation of training/skills enhancement initiatives. (15%)
• Coordination of recovery efforts in cases of emergencies or significant disruptions. (10%)
• Maintenance of the different business continuity tools. (20%)
• Regular updates to business continuity governance bodies. (5%)
• Quarterly update of business continuity indicators (10%)
• Other projects or tasks as may be assigned. (10%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Possesses strong data entry skills.
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
• 1 to 3 Years of relevant work experience.
Relevant supervisory / managerial experience will appear here
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• On-call availability required as necessary.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.