Tech Data connects the world with the power of technology. Our end-to-end portfolio of products, services and solutions, highly specialized skills, and expertise in next-generation technologies enable channel partners to bring to market the products and solutions the world needs to connect, grow and advance. Tech Data is ranked No. 83 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune’s World’s Most Admired Companies for nine straight years. To find out more, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
The Process Training Specialist performs process related training to current and new associate level employees within the Distribution Center. This position will serve as their assigned area(s) Subject Matter Expert on SOPs needed to successfully perform Department functions in all matters related to Quality, Safety, and Security. This role will specifically support Operations through SOP training, on-the-job training, auditing, and employee orientation as required. Works directly with Operations Training Specialist to support the overall training strategy within the Distribution Center.
• Performs on-the-job functional training to new and existing employees on all Standard Operating Procedures within assigned department(s) (75%)
• Partners with local Logistics Center Quality & Continuous Improvement team members in order to support all aspects of Quality, Safety, and Security. Provides recommendations for improvement opportunities in these areas. (10%)
• Performs productivity related tasks in order to support Operational requirements (5%)
• Works with Operations Training Specialist, Industrial Engineers, Logisitcs Center Directors, Auditors and Quality Manager with reviewing new and pre-existing SOPs and processes (5%)
• Assists with evaluating the effectiveness of training programs delivered through various established measurement methods such as surveys and training skills attainment (5%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Able to use common office equipment.
• Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to adjust readily and adapt as needed.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Ability to transport 60 Lbs.
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
• 3 to 5 Years of relevant work experience.
• Demonstrates ability to meet quality and production standards
Education & Certifications:
• Associate Degree preferred.
• High School Graduate required.
• Distribution center environment may include: exposure to extreme temperatures; high noise levels; high places; wet and/or humid conditions; and outside weather conditions
• Classroom environment.
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• Professional, office environment.