- As a primary point of contact that is responsible for the management and growth of relationships, routinely markets to and engages the assigned customers to identify needs for and to promote products and solutions
- Identifies opportunities to market Tech Data to customers as the solutions distributor of choice
- Creates and delivers solutions (configurations) to the customer using judgment and discretion to select the appropriate tool sets and technical knowledge to effectively configure, price, quote and process requests for specific hardware, software, services and configuration design
- Routinely provides education and technical guidance for product alternatives, cross-reference assistance, and support to the customer regarding solutions hardware, software, services, services renewals, warranty uplifts, consolidations and additional Tech Data solutions
- Builds customer relationships to effectively market a broad range of Tech Data’s product portfolio and drive incorporation of Tech Data products and services
- Provides timely and accurate pricing and quotes for final design solutions.
- Uses market expertise and experience to evaluate and analyze applicable programs, promotions and add-ons.
- Routinely negotiates terms, e.g., pricing, freight, return privileges, product substitutions, insurance, terminations, etc.
- Assesses the status of various business opportunities on each account, provides appropriate information to forecast consolidations and manages the opportunity and pipeline activity to close within the identified forecast period
- Collaborates and coordinates with customers, Tech Data employees and suppliers to resolve all pertinent pre-sales issues, e.g., credit, engineering, etc. and escalates issues when necessary
Job Level Specifications:
- Demonstrated ability to act independently or with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated working knowledge of product, pricing, customer service, marketing and sales promotion strategy
- Demonstrated working knowledge of simple to moderately complex configuration solutions design, including products and services, practices, procedures and methods, such as product migration and pricing
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently analyze and price configuration requests and successfully apply variations in pricing
Demonstrated verbal, written, sales, marketing, presentation and interpersonal