Tech Data is one of the world’s largest technology providers in IT distribution. Tech Data is currently ranked No. 83 on the Fortune 100® and has been named one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for seven straight years.
The Tech Data difference is in our people. Every day customers like Best Buy, CDW, Office Depot, etc… depend on us to help them cost-effectively support the technology needs of end users of all sizes, including small- and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, and consumers. Working for Tech Data, you will be supporting manufacturers such as, Apple, Brocade, Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare, etc…
The video link below provides a glimpse into our world!
The Salesforce Administrator ensures Tech Data is maximizing efficiency and capitalizing on the full features and benefits of our Force.com platform based on various user group needs. The Salesforce Administrator is tasked with facilitating requirements development sessions to gain an understanding of our current state processes and technology, and supporting implementation work that follows. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for the executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our Force.com platform.
• Customization of Salesforce apps, objects (standard, custom, external), fields, record types, page layouts
• Manage daily support and maintenance of internal Salesforce instance, and conduct long-term improvement operations to ensure compatibility with evolving requirements
• Configure workflow rules, visual and process builder flows
• Create, maintain views, reports and dashboards
• Data management, de-duplication, validation, patching, backups, usage limits, etc.
• Develop and provide one to one and small group user training. Develop and maintain documentation. Maintain user engagement
• Change set, patch and release management (sandbox and production)
• Manage App Exchange integrations
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• 3 to 5 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Salesforce Certifications preferred
• Other Education / Certifications: Salesforce administration or developer Certification is preferred
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• On-call availability required as necessary.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.