The primary purpose of this position is to support the Director of Global Strategy with variety of strategic initiatives. Workload will entail assisting with the following:
• Support variety of strategic efforts inclusive of playing a pivotal role in building twelve month and three year strategic plans
• Supporting plans to align organizational objectives with achievable targets intended to meet stockholder and leadership expectations.
• Support plans to drive improvements to internal processes, customer focused services and products and marketing strategies
• Assists with the development and oversight of the business’s corporate strategies in order to support growth objectives
• Collaborates with both internal and external stakeholders, and leads cross-functional teams in the development of business-wide operational strategies
• Analyze of competitor performance, operational performance, innovations, markets from various internal and external sources in order to develop strategic options
• Examine the profitability of Vendor and product areas
• May require up to 10% travel to visit potential acquisition targets or regional operations
• Plays the role of a strategy assistant to all departmental leadership within the organization, providing much needed support in the formulation of individual department strategies. (30%)
• Help develop strategic threat identification and evaluation processes (10%)
• Analyze long-term market trends for the purpose of providing recommendations to leadership and management across the business in regard to business development opportunities, inclusive of acquisition and disposal strategies (10%)
• Work with the business’s senior executives in setting the vision and agenda of the business and work with the day-to-day planning teams in developing a clear roadmap (5%)
• Assist with development of a decentralized activity planning process and ensuring its adoption across the businesses (20%)
• Bring together crucial pieces of information such as competitor performance, operational performance, innovations, markets, etc., from various internal and external sources in order to develop strategic options (25%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree with College of Business field of study required.
• Master's / Postgraduate Degree with College of Business Field of Study preferred.
• Other Education / Certifications: Preferred studies: Finance, Economics, or Mathematics
• No prior experience necessary.
• Classroom environment.
• Consistent non-standard work or overtime as business requires.
• Must be located at the Clearwater corporate office.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Perform mathematical calculations.
• Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Create and conduct formal presentations.
• Interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Build solid, effective working relationships with others.