Who we are:
Tech Data is one of the world’s largest technology providers in IT distribution. Tech Data is currently ranked No. 107 on the Fortune 500® and has been named one of Fortune’s “World’s Most Admired Companies” for seven straight years.
The Tech Data difference is in our people. Every day customers like Best Buy, CDW, Office Depot, etc… depend on us to help them cost-effectively support the technology needs of end users of all sizes, including small- and medium-sized businesses, large enterprises, educational institutions, government agencies, and consumers. Working for Tech Data, you will be supporting manufacturers such as, Apple, Brocade, Cisco, Dell, HP, IBM, Lenovo, Microsoft, Oracle, VMWare, etc…
The video link below provides a glimpse into our world!
Tech Data’s award-winning eCommerce experiences drive billions-of-dollars in sales annually. Product information and searching is at the center of their experience. Rich content, product attributes, and product suggestions support users on their journey to find hardware and software that form the solutions they offer to their customers.
The Product Search Specialist is responsible for product content on the web and how users find it. They must ensure it is optimized for customer needs by working with customers, vendors, and content providers. This person must identify ways of improving search and product details pages to be more usable, intuitive, and valuable for users. This specialist will act as the primary point of contact for content providers, their products, and services.
• Act as primary product resource for content providers, their products, and services
• Provide and focus on increased coverage of rich content within Tech Data’s vendor community to maximize experience in search at Tech Data
• Identify potential new eBusiness business opportunities using tools such as analytics, market research and customer feedback
• Collaborate with IT, other internal groups, and customers to communicate and promote content provider/eBusiness tools, incentives, enhancements and changes
• Assist with the creation, management and promotion of marketing plans and incentive programs to increase integration and usage of our content provider’s products/services as it pertains to Tech Data’s properties
• Prepare and present relevant findings and recommendations to Tech Data IT, Product Marketing and Sales leadership
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at a basic level.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.
• 1 plus years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Associate Degree required.
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• May be located at the Clearwater corporate office or at the reseller location.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.