Stays current with vendor-specific technical certifications in order to make appropriate recommendations to resellers on the configuration and design of system solutions. Promotes product awareness, provides pre-sales technical support including phone support, system diagrams, proposals, and training in order to grow the sales of a funding vendor's product line. Works closely with Tech Data's Product Manager and the funding vendor's representatives to execute marketing activities. Establishes and develops solid business relationships with vendors, Tech Data customers and internal Tech Data departments.
* Provides technical solutions and configuration design expertise to customers and sales on specified product lines. Uses independent judgement and discretion in making solution recommendations.
* Provides phone support in accordance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
* Provides sales/marketing support to increase vendor and product awareness.
* Provides technical presentations/training to sales, support, and customers.
* Participates in departmental projects.
* Reports on key metrics as designated by product line(s) of responsibility and distribute monthly update to SE Manager, Product Marketing Team, and vendor representative(s).
* Log customer calls
* Places orders for customers in accordance with Tech Data's pricing guidelines.
* Updates Tech Data's systems and tools with accurate technical data on specific product line(s).
* Provide technicals and non-technical input to team members, project leaders, and management, as appropriate.
* Develops and obtain approval on Quarterly Vendor Objectives (QVO) document which states goals and objectives to support vendor's marketing strategy to grow sales.
* Develops tactical plan and performs associated duties necessary to support QVO.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities deemed necessary by Systems Engineering Management or Team Lead.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines. Able to create and conduct formal presentations. Able to be attentive and foster two-way conversation. Able to express ideas clearly and convey necessary information.
Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at a basic level. Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
Able to prepare/analyze appropriate reports and other business correspondence. Able to provide courteous, timely service when addressing customer questions and concerns.
Knowledge and/or expertise in related area of responsibility. Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
Able to use relevant computer system applications (which may include spreadsheets, word processors, databases, etc) at an intermediate level.
* Minimum of (1) year pre-sales support and marketing experience working directly with customers
* Minimum of (3) years technical support experience with PC's, high-end servers, local area networks, and associated components with at least (1) year in a phone support environment
* Previous trade show experience
* Knowledge of various PC components, software, peripherals, desktop platforms, applications, standalone and network operating systems, with strong technical abilities in at least (1) of these areas.
*Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.