Directs the daily operations of a team of marketing and cross-functional personnel operating together to support large, complex strategic vendors. Oversees the development and day-to-day management and implementation of marketing programs, campaigns, projects, multi-vendor initiatives, sales promotions and other marketing activities with vendor and reseller communities. Manages the development of strategic, profitable business partnerships with key vendors to achieve the desired growth and business objectives. Oversees product research and forecasting in order to identify new markets and vendors. Responsible for driving financial support, budgeting and reporting; and return on investment goaling, measurement and reporting. Larger span of control. Direct reports can include managers, supervisors, and individual contributors.
* Assists in the development of Tech Data's overall marketing goals and strategies, and works collaboratively with Sales and Product Marketing, to drive Tech Data sales.
* Directs and provides leadership to a marketing team to ensure consistent and rapid growth in revenues and profit with large, complex vendors and to drive vendor and customer programs.
* Manages a diverse team focused on product marketing and sales with emphasis on business development/account development for assigned vendors. * Assists in the development of new marketing business- or revenue-generating opportunities for Tech Data.
* Ensures all marketing plans and activities meet Tech Data's goals and objectives.
* Manages the increasingly complex relationships with the vendors and forges strategic alliances with these major vendor partners.
* Develops and implements new strategies to gain new markets, map product trends and technology in order to enhance the strategic partnership with the vendor.
* Interacts regularly and conducts meetings with all levels of vendors to discuss product trends, performance, profitability and establishment of new marketing strategies.
* Develops and recommends short and long range strategic, divisional goals and objectives consistent with organization guidelines.
* Assists in developing sales and profit goals for assigned product lines. Collaborates with sales to drive optimum performance. Regularly tracks and reports all marketing activities and results to senior management.
* Plans, organizes, assigns, oversees and evaluates the work of the purchasing team members to ensure the attainment of the product purchasing divisional goals and the adherence to the company shared values.
* Trains, develops, coaches, recognizes, awards and interacts with staff to achieve high individual and team performance and engagement levels, job satisfaction and retention, and support professional growth within the organization.
* Owns personnel processes and decisions. Works in collaboration with division management and HR Business Partner regarding: hiring, separations, performance management and career development solutions.
*Performs additional duties as assigned *Meets attendance and punctuality standards
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or GED required; Bachelor?s Degree in Marketing or Business is strongly preferred.
Minimum of 5 years of marketing experience in microcomputer industry preferred and 3 years of personnel management.
Required Skills & Abilities:
* Position requires up to 50% domestic travel