As a UI Developer you will be a key member of the User Experience team. You will exercise your expertise in engineering, architecture, and design, to create the necessary front-end templates, components and prototypes to support the implementation of the user interface. To be successful in this role it requires you to be able to be a code ninja that understands good design.
• Collaborate with design and development teams to deliver engaging desktop and mobile user interfaces (20%)
• Use critical thinking skills to solve difficult and sometimes ambiguous problems (10%)
• Provide support to the rest of the web development team by converting mockups and wireframes into clean and easy to maintain reusable HTML, CSS and
• Validate / test for 508 compliancy and cross-browser / platform / device compatibility (5%)
• Write clean, maintainable, and reusable code and assist in maintaining and optimizing frameworks, libraries and plugins (5%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• 1 to 3 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Associate Degree required.
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• On-call availability required as necessary.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Experience with Angular preferred
• Experience with SASS and Grunt/Gulp
• Experience with GIT and/or TFS repositories
• Knowledge of Atomic Design Methodology desireable
• Experience conducting user testing and interviews desireable
• Knowledge of InVision or other prototyping tools preferred
• Able to work with Adobe Illustrator, Sketch, and/or other design tools
• Able to professionally interact with business stakeholders to understand their needs and translate those into design and code
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to be immobile for long extended periods.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.