Extensive understanding of US and foreign regulatory compliance regulations, TD global business models and operational procedures. Compliant execution of process and procedures. Direct ownership/support of non US geography requiring application of US Export Regulations as well as local regulations specific to the region. Process and performance analysis, reporting and trending. Manage large scale complex projects. Support business decisions and initiatives.
* Apply comprehensive technical knowledge of the regulations to transactions, issues and projects,
* Process compliance screening on complex export transactions applying US export as well as Non US export regulations.
* File export license applications with relevant export (EU/UK and US) authorities, monitor and maintain records.
* Determine and maintain screening, classification, license and customer/carrier approval lists.
* Strong understanding/knowledge of the encryption regulations and practical application of these regulations.
* Establish and drive business and operational projects to completion.
* Perform compliance audits/self assessments on non US subsidiaries.
* Oversee Cash compliance process and procedures for domestic and LA transactions.
* Generate and maintain metric reports and establish operational trends.
Operates under minimal supervision within established guidelines.
Requires minimal guidance on procedural or regulatory variants.
Exercises a high level of independent thinking and problem solving capabilities.
Empowered to provide interpretation of Regulations to internal and external business partners.
Able to initiate, develop, execute and implement operational performance projects as well as technical projects.
Highly independent worker on daily orders/activities, proactively seeking operational improvement.
Able to drive business initiatives and performance projects.
*Job Impact on end results: Negligence of the US export administration regulations may result in monetary penalties. Completion of performance projects improve operational output and reduces compliance defects and associated risk. Completion of business initiatives drives company wide improvement and output. Company wide / global impact.
* Magnitude: High level of impact on regulatory compliance operations/execution Process for business segments (Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa).
High level of impact on operations for business segments or non US geographical regions. Company wide and global impact (position has ownership of compliance for foreign subsidiaries and provides direct support/management/direction to these subsidiaries.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
This position requires extensive knowledge of export administration regulations
ECCN classification and demonstrated knowledge/understanding of the encryption regulations (+4 yrs).
Concentrated understanding of TD order flow, supply chain and logistics. (3yrs).
Process improvement or program management skills. Strong project management skills. Advanced computer skills. *
Bachelors degree required *(International business or any related field preferred)
Minimum 4-5 years experience with importing and exporting technology products.
Licensed Customs Broker preferred. Background with Encryption is highly preferred.
Possesses strong working knowledge the Export Administration Regulations and Customs Regulation
Ability to mentor lower levels / ability to train team members and various TD departments. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
High level of interpersonal skill capable of leading remote non US based "virtual" teams.
Ability to work with other organizations on large scale projects, programs.
Ability to communicate articulately and intelligently with government officials on highly technical areas (licensing, encryption, classification and special programs).
Ability to organize and chair team meetings. Ability to present issues and recommendations to management and team *
Problem Solving: Highly self motivated towards regular job duties, project goals and process improvement.
High level of analysis, evaluation and problem solving.
High ability to draw conclusions and decisions based on regulatory reasoning.
Able to analyze and resolve complex issues and problems in a sound and timely fashion.