Manages the day-to-day issues related to regulatory compliance (Import). Ability to develop and manage a US import compliance program. Develops training materials and conducts training sessions as necessary. Performs reviews/audits of the US Regulatory Compliance department as well as various operations relating to regulatory compliance activities. Responds to inquiries from the internal business units and external governmental agencies. Provides assistance to the various departments and organizations with issues related to compliance. Conducts reviews and address issues raised by the international/foreign subsidiaries relating to regulatory compliance matters. Develops and conducts training of foreign subsidiaries.
• Management of the regulatory compliance processes at satellite offices and home site
- Implements policies, procedures, and training programs; maintains the accuracy of policies, procedures and training programs against regulatory changes.
- Monitors activities of the distribution centers to optimize compliance. Performs periodic on-site reviews of the distribution centers activities related to the handling of international movement of products
- Serves as an in-house expert to address regulatory compliance activities of domestic operations or foreign subsidiaries for the Americas. (30%)
• Compliance data management
- Responsible for obtaining third party products classification, valuation, country of origin, and other government agency requirements
- Ensure the merging of multiple ERP systems will have consistent, compliant data. (10%)
• Verification and record keeping of US export / US re-export license program for Corp and ALL subsidiaries (10%)
• Project Management including management of reporting program to monitor, track and report progress of addressing compliance gaps, process improvement initiatives and upcoming program changes
- Assists in the preparation of responses to formal inquiries from governmental entities pertaining to Tech Data's activities.
- Interacts with senior management of domestic and foreign business units on matters related to investigations and audits. (15%)
• Manage day to day activities of direct personal
- Manages the day to day activities related to the import and export clearances of Tech Data's operations.
- Front line management of a staff of 5-6 employees including a remote employee.
- Monitors performance to ensure compliance with departmental SLA's and with appropriate regulations.
- Develops employees both technically and in terms of leadership skills (35%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• 3 to 5 Years of relevant work experience.
• 1 to 3 Years of experience directly managing / supervising employees.
• Current or previous Previous Import Experience required supporting US / Americas
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Some College required.
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• On-call availability required as necessary.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.