Supports the in-house legal team in meeting Tech Data’s legal service needs. Responsible for the development and implementation of policies and procedures for cybersecurity, data breach, and records and information management (RIM). Works with all organizational levels and departments (e.g., IT) with respect to the foregoing. Responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring compliance with policies and procedures related to Tech Data’s discovery obligations and for providing litigation support.
-Develop and implement policies and procedures for RIM, cybersecurity, and data breach. 45%
-Respond to discovery requests and provide litigation support. 25%
-Provide support to the executive Information Management Committee and the Board of Directors' Cybersecurity Committee. 10%
-Resond to data breaches. 10%
-Serve as legal department liason with other departments for RIM, cybersecurity, and data breach. 10%
-Additional duties as assigned.
-Meets attendance and punctuality standards.
Previous Work Experience: 5+ relevant work experience.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree (Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree, IT or Information Security)
Other Education/Certifications: Paralegal and/or Records Management Certification. CISSP (Certified Information Systems Security Professional helpful)
Knowledge/Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
- Adjust readlily to change and adapt as needed.
- Build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Create and conduct formal presentations.
- Execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Input 40 words per minute (wpm).
- Interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Possesses basic clerical and strong data entry skills.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Able to transport up to 20 lbs.