Designs high value services solutions that solve complex business problems, address articulated requirements and create efficiencies for clients. Provides consultative input and leverages client relationships during the selling process to identify, qualify and close new client engagements. Participates in enhancing current or building new practice offerings to include in the services solutions portfolio. Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned.
Principal Responsibilities: Collaborates with client and practice team members to move the engagement from a solutions design concept through architectural definition to implementation of the services solution. Delivers a high value services solution to the client on time, within budget, and meeting all quality and solution design specifications. Provides services solutions implementation and delivery guidance. Develops an understanding of client business needs, current industry environment and market solution trends to contribute to the refinement of current or build of new practice offerings. Cultivates client relationships and develops the practice reputation as a leading edge provider of client services solutions. Creates and/or identifies demand for new and additional services solutions engagements. Job Level Specifications: Leads large, complex services solutions engagements and provides guidance and direction to engagement team. Serves as a mentor and subject matter resource to less senior Consultants. May assess and validate skills and capabilities of others within area of subject matter expertise. Contributes to building practice offerings by participating in quality improvement efforts for current practice offerings and suggesting ideas for new or revised offerings based on current engagement experiences. Develops relationships with key internal and external influencers, thought leaders, associations, industry panels, and client and offering user groups to gain insight that will help shape future practice offerings. Client engagements are typically large, highly complex. Develops deep understanding of client business problems and needs to translate those into high value services solutions. Broad understanding of client's industry and market trends to determine most appropriate approach to solutions definition. Contributes as a subject matter expert of an engagement team working on highly complex engagements. Solutions require the creative and novel application of established approaches and formulation of best practices. Work is reviewed to ensure the integrated services solution effectively and efficiently addresses client requirements. Supports practice leaders and solutions sales teams in closing services engagements with significant clients. Seeks out follow-on opportunities from existing clients for future services engagements. Identifies potential new business opportunities to sales teams.
* Assess client's desktop/server/network/storage infrastructure and IT management processes
* Plan large virtualized systems infrastructure roll-outs and migrations with a particular focus on vRealize Orchestrator and vRealize Automation
* Demonstrate thought leadership in cloud computing and virtualization and their application
* Independently conduct small to medium engagements with customers
* Maintain current knowledge of the entire VMware product portfolio and Cloud concepts
* Assist in the development of standard reusable VMware "productized" consulting service offerings and enhancements to our methodology, including definition of tasks, deliverables and standard timelines
Work Experience: 6 - 8 years of successful experience within a consultative selling model and advancement in client facing roles. Demonstrated expertise of practice discipline. Demonstrated experience establishing and maintaining relationships with high-level clients. Established track record of successfully leading the development and delivery of high revenue growth, profit and client satisfaction consulting and services solutions. Demonstrated complex client engagement experience, with large, significant projects. Relevant consulting, fee based services experience. Education and Certification(s): BS/BA Degree in Computer Science, Business, Marketing or a related field or equivalent combination of formal education and directly related experience. MS/MBA helpful.
* Typically 3-5 years with bachelor's equivalent or 1-3 years with master's
* Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
* Experience working with Cloud platforms like vRealize, Amazon AWS, MS Azure, Google Cloud Platform, HP CSA, IBM Softlayer, and other offerings
* Hands-on experience with latest releases of vRA and vRO is must
* Must show ability to develop end to end use cases using the VMware product suite
* 3+ years of experience supporting the VMware product set e.g. vSphere, vRA, vRO, vROps, with a focus on vRA/vRO
* 3+ years of experience interfacing with technologies around networking, storage, virtualization, applications and datacenter automation
* 3+ years of experience with hardware and server operating systems having a focus on ESXi. Experience with vSphere, Linux, Windows server provisioning
* Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with an IT consulting firm or a software vendor. Experience designing, implementing and managing data center automation, private and public cloud solutions
* Understanding of application virtualization technologies and challenges with application migrations in a hybrid cloud environment
* Experience with workflow systems and automation solutions and portals
* Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP), IT Service Management (ITSM), capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
* Some experience in object oriented software development, core Java application development experience a huge positive
* Ability to develop and maintain strong peer/client/customer relationships underpinned by a serivce oriented approach to work
* An understanding of ITIL concepts (foundation knowledge or above) and the ability to engage with customer's established Incident, Problem and Change management processes and procedures
* Self starter, self learner, independent contributor, with a drive and ability to contribute at all phases of the project, and in a wide variety of roles
* Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to arituclate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.