Analyzes, troubleshoots, repairs, and resolves technical problems on equipment or components to make them compliant with customer specifications and technical drawings, manufacturer's specifications, assembly manuals requirements and other specifications and requirements.
Such activities may include the following as well as other duties as assigned:
• Must be able to diagnose, repair at the component level including BGA rework and test product problems as they received.
• Have and use analytical skills to solve issues that might not have a clear solution.
• Apply, ECOs and recommends component replacements or repairs as appropriate.
• Able to experiment and use trial and error.
• Use hardware and software diagnostic tools to assess computerized systems and software driven hardware.
• Have dexterity to use their hands to manipulate objects within computerized systems.
• Perform equipment and component cleaning and regularly scheduled preventive maintenance services.
• Performs equipment set-up as needed.
• Completes documentation itemizing services and updates related logs, e.g., inventory, environmental.
Has deep knowledge of electronic components, logic chips and their functions. Advance knowledge, skills in electronic fundaments and Boolean mathematics. Able to read schematics and blue. Able to apply electrics laws to make clear determinations while troubleshooting. Has advanced through hole and surface soldering skills. Able to do BGA rework. Able to use multi meters, oscilloscopes and signal generators/signal analyzers.
Troubleshoots and resolves integration and configuration problems involving circuit analysis, wave form calculations, fault isolation, prom programming and signal flow tracing.
Extensive knowledge of the organization, job content, practices and procedures. Has specialized knowledge enabling high level of contribution to multiple tasks.
Principal Responsibilities: Recommends and replacements or repairs as appropriate. May also perform equipment and component cleaning, regularly scheduled maintenance services and equipment calibration. Performs equipment set-up as needed. Completes documentation itemizing services and updates related logs, e.g., inventory, environmental. Job Level Specifications: Extensive knowledge of the organization, job content, practices and procedures. Has specialized knowledge enabling high level of contribution to multiple tasks. Works on complex problems that require significant judgment and initiative. Work is performed under minimal guidance and assigned in the form of desired expectations. Independent judgment is used to determine best approach and sound reasoning is expected to achieve maximum results. Often exchanges information with other departments or external contacts. May coordinate own work with that of other work groups. Actions have appreciable impact to own department as well as others. Errors may be difficult to detect and remedy and will likely result in loss of customer business, materials, money and/or time.resources and customer/user satisfaction.
Work Experience: Typically 5+ years Education and Certification(s): High School Diploma or equivalent Distinguishing Characteristics: Specific department may require specialized certification, e.g. A+. May require standing for prolonged periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds. Position may require travel. Overtime may be required based on business need.