Responsible for processing, responding, communicating and pricing customer bids and large sales opportunities within Tech Data. Works closely with Sales, Product Marketing, Finance and other appropriate departments to coordinate Tech Data's response to large opportunities. Responsible for coordinating, pricing and distributing vendor and/or product marketing driven bid leads to appropriate teams. Interfaces with Inside Sales and Field Sales regularly to manage bid status and drive subsequent actions in a timely manner.
• Analyzes profitability and sets pricing for large bid opportunities (25%)
• Utilizes tools and generates reports (10%)
• Interfaces with sales teams to maintain status and drive appropriate actions (20%)
• Processes inbound and outbound vendor bid letters and requests (25%)
• Communications and builds relationships with vendors to maximize opportunities (10%)
• Proactively identifies bid opportunities (10%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• 1 to 3 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
• Associate Degree required.
• Other Education / Certifications: Preferred technical certifications
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• May be located at the Clearwater corporate office or at the reseller location.
• On-call availability required as necessary.
• Professional, office environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
• Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
• Possesses strong data entry skills.
• Ability to input 50 words per minute
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to be immobile for long extended periods.
• Ability to transport 20 Lbs.
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
• Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at a basic level.
• Able to use relevant computer system applications at an intermediate level.