Leads the LA Export division to accomplish and exceed business objectives. Full P&L responsibility and leadership of day to day operations ensuring profitable growth. Design and manage marketing and sales budgets, structure, strategy and competitiveness in the region. Provides direction, leadership, strategies, and guidance to vendors and customers as the first point of contact for LA Export business initiatives including coordinating/vetting new vendor and customer relationships. Leads, manages and oversees local business functions in Miami, redesigns processes and practices to increase productivity and profitability. Serves as a leader and escalation point for all supporting departments within TD. Performs market specific research and analytics to build sales and marketing programs in order to maintain competitiveness, enhance LA position, and increase markeshare and profitability.
• Develops and recommends short and long range objectives, plans and budgets; ensures financial objectives are met and tight cost controls (20%)
• Operations- Leads local functional teams to enhance TD’s position in the LA Export market (20%)
• Develops sales and marketing business plans for LA Export vendor and customers coordinating with VP/GM of LA and appropriate executives at headquarters as necessary (25%)
• Generates new business initiatives to drive market share growth goals for existing customers and attract net new business (25%)
• Ensures LA Export Division conforms with country specific laws and regulations; ensuring business policies and processes associcated are documented both locally and coporate offices (10%)
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• 8 to 10 Years of relevant work experience.
• 5 to 8 Years of experience directly managing / supervising employees.
Education & Certifications:
• Master's / Postgraduate Degree with MS/MBA Degree Field of Study preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree with Business Management field of study required.
• Consistent non-standard work or overtime as business requires.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.
• Frequent Travel Required (50%).
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to converse and write effectively in English and Spanish.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
• Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.