Promotes product awareness for Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) hardware and server storage and networking.
Provides pre-sales technical support including phone support,
Supports system diagrams, proposals, and training in order to grow the sales of the HPE product line.
Travels to perform and receive training, attend trade shows and other marketing events.
Under the guidance of Systems Engineering Management, works closely with Tech Data's Product Manager and the vendor to execute marketing activities to increase product awareness.
Establishes and develops solid business relationships with vendors, Tech Data customers, sales, technical services, and other departments throughout the Company.
Identifies opportunities to improve the quality of Systems Engineering engagement with inside and outside customers. Accepts ownership of suggested improvements and works with the Tech Data team, vendor, and Systems Engineering Management to develop an implementation plan.
Works closely with Systems Engineering Management to develop the technical and professional skills.
Establishes and maintains a leadership role within the Systems Engineering organization by supporting team, departmental, division, and corporate initiatives.
* Provide phone support in accordance with Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Provide technical solutions and configuration design assistance to customers and sales on HPE product line(s).
* Participate in trade shows, seminars, trainings, and other marketing events.
* Provide support to the Sales and Marketing organizations to increase vendor and product awareness
* Provide internal and external technical presentations and training.
* Report on key metrics as designated by product line(s) of responsibility and distribute monthly update to SE Manager, Product Marketing Team, and vendor representative(s).
* Update Tech Data's systems and tools with accurate technical data on specific product line(s).
* Develop and obtain approval on Quarterly Vendor Objectives (QVO) outlining goals and objectives to support vendor's marketing strategy to grow sales.
* Develop tactical plan and perform associated duties necessary to support QVO.
* Provide mentoring to Systems Engineers and Associate System Engineers.
* Participate n senior leadership/ownership role including the creation, management and implementation of departmental projects.
* Identify processes and procedures needing improvement, and suggest and implement resolutions.
* Assist in determining developmental needs of other Systems Engineers and Associate System Engineers and suggest specific actions to provide necessary training and/or work experience.
* Provide technical and non-technical input to team members, project leaders, and management, as appropriate.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Knowledge and/or expertise:
- Minimum High School diploma required; Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
* Minimum of (7) years technical support hardware experience with PC's, high-end servers, local area networks, and associated components with at least (3) years in phone support environment
* Minimum of three (3) years vendor relations experience in a presale vendor support role
* Major Vendor Certifications (Cisco, HPE, IBM, etc.) required; HPE certification/s preferred.
* Experience in formal product presentations and/or technical sales training experience to small and medium audiences
* Project management experience preferred.
* Minimum of three (3) years pre-sales customer support experience.
* Trade show experience preferred .
*Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.