The Data Privacy Engineer position leads activities to regularly assess the adequacy and effectiveness of our privacy controls and policies, conducts remediation activities and initiates actions to ensure that compliance gaps are successfully addressed. Acts as a thought leader in ensuring we have the right privacy controls in place throughout the organization and develops future strategies on how to mitigate privacy control issues proactively. On a daily basis, the responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing privacy impacts assessments and privacy by design reviews in our Production systems to ensure privacy controls are embedded into systems that process personal data. This global position will actively support planning, coordinating, and implementing privacy related policies, procedures, and standards throughout the Tech Data landscape.
• Support the establishment and implementation of privacy policies and procedures designed to ensure data protection worldwide. Contributes to the privacy oversight into all ongoing activities related to the development, maintenance of and adherence to the organization’s policies and procedures covering the privacy of, and access to, customer and employee information and personally identifying information. (40%)
• Investigates, consultants on and confirms that administrative, technical and physical safeguards are in place to protect the privacy and security of the corporation’s data on a global scale. Acts as a liaison to the privacy champions and business partners from a risk escalation and determination standpoint. (20%)
• Promotes effective awareness of privacy information across the organization through collaborative processes such as trainings and awareness programs while leveraging privacy champions throughout the organization. (20%)
• Creates and maintains data inventories and data flows for key personally identifiable information through a managed privacy impact assessment and privacy by design process.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• Additional duties as assigned
• Meets attendance and punctuality standards
• 3 to 5 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
• Master's / Postgraduate Degree with Juris Doctor Field of Study preferred.
• Bachelor's Degree with Related technical / business areas such as Computer Info System, Management. of Info Systems and Business Management. field of study required.
• Other Education / Certifications: CIPP certification preferred.
• Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
• On-call availability required as necessary.
• Professional, office environment.
• Some travel required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
• Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
• Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
• Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
• Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
• Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
• Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
• Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
• Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
• Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.